[libvoikko] Choice of native code inclusion in voikko.oxt for LibreOffice

Timo Jyrinki timo.jyrinki at gmail.com
Fri Aug 6 12:16:46 EEST 2021

to 5. elok. 2021 klo 15.54 Stephan Bergmann (sbergman at redhat.com) kirjoitti:
> Is there a reason that
> <https://www.puimula.org/htp/ooo/voikko-win/5.0.2.20170827/voikko.oxt>
> (voikko/Windows-32bit-WindowsPE/, voikko/Windows-64bit-WindowsPE/), but
> not Linux (e.g., at least x86-64, say)?

I'd guess because it's been made available in the native package
archives like package libreoffice-voikko in Fedora. It has been also
pursued (and hopefully still is) that it would d be installed by
default in all distributions possible when support for Finnish
language is selected, even though the mechanism for this is very
distribution specific. This happens at least in openSUSE, Debian,
Ubuntu and at least some versions of SLED, and I've been under
impression Fedora is also covered but not sure about it or RHEL.

I do think though that having x86_64 Linux binary in the
extensions.l.o wouldn't hurt, there are probably always some people
who are not aware of the native package, eg people who are not falling
under the cases where libreoffice-voikko is automatically installed
and are browsing through the available extensions in LO.

-Timo